The only thing we take more seriously than fun at Ottawa Swordplay is safety. As Ottawa recorded our first cases of Covid-19 we wanted to share with you the steps we are taking to help keep our students and our community safe.
- We ask that all students who have an active cough or cold or who have had a fever in the past 24 hours stay away from class. As directed by public health, you should also be contacting your doctor to see if you need to be checked for Covid-19 and consider self-isolation.
- If any instructors have an active cough or cold or has had a fever in the last 24 hours, they will not come to the Swordhall and will contact their doctor to see if they should be checked for Covid-19. If a replacement instructor cannot be found, that class will be cancelled and students will have the option to make up that class at another time.
- All students who do attend classes are encouraged to wash their hands with soap and water for 20-30 seconds before class or use a hand sanitizer if available. Wearing gloves throughout class is encouraged. Generally speaking we should all be washing our hands thoroughly five times a day according to public health experts.
- Sharing of fencing masks is strongly discouraged. Please don’t buy or wear “surgical” masks. They don’t help you and you will be taking them from the frontline health care providers who really need them.
- All shared equipment will be regularly cleaned.
- Ottawa Swordplay plans to remain open throughout the Covid-19 crisis unless we are directed by any level of government to close. We will update you if any of our plans change.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our health and safety expectations, please feel free to reach out to Matthew at email@example.com.